Economic literature: papers , articles , software , chapters , books. Estimating population mean with missing data in unequal probability sampling. Nonresponse problem is a serious obstacle to the validity of estimates in a survey.
- The Future of Product Development: Proceedings of the 17th CIRP Design Conference;
- Manual of Cardiovascular Medicine, 3rd Edition.
- Lesson 3: Unequal Probability Sampling | STAT .
- r - Systematic Sampling with unequal probabilities - Cross Validated.
- Table of contents?
- Sample Design?
The estimates become biased due to the missing values in data. The problem is how to deal with missing values, once they have been deemed impossible to recover. One way of exploring a possible lack of representativity in missing data is to estimate the response probabilities which are usually done by logistic regression model.
Section 6. Unequal probability sampling without replacement
However, the drawback of the logit model is that this requires values of the explanatory variables of the model to be known for all nonrespondents. Bethlehem showed that the response probabilities can be estimated by some weighting adjustment technique without having the individual data of the nonrespondents. Here we consider the doubtful nature of nonresponse regarding possible existence of relationship with any of the covariates.
- Sampling With Unequal Probabilities | K. R. W. Brewer | Springer?
- Your Answer.
- Bibliographic Information;
- Introduction to theory of critical phenomena?
- The Annals of Mathematical Statistics;
- Peoples Livelihood in Contemporary China: Changes, Challenges and Prospects.
Moreover, instead of simple random sampling, we consider general unequal probability sampling scheme for selecting respondents. Kajal Dihidar, Handle: RePEc:csb:stintr:vyip as. More about this item Keywords non-response ; missing at random ; missing completely at random ; unequal probability sampling ; Statistics Access and download statistics.
Corrections All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. Louis Fed.
Jump to: navigation , search. Forest Inventory Glossary. Category : Sampling design. Personal tools Log in.
Namespaces Page Discussion. Views Read View source View history.
Development Current events Project development. Toolbox What links here Related changes Special pages Permanent link. This page was last modified on 26 October , at This page has been accessed 20, times.